Central Board Of School Education(CBSE) proposed new guidelines for Schools While Uploading Students details in its Official Portal. It has been observed by the Board that After Students passing Class X and Class XII , they are making some request to CBSE that they want to make corrections/Changes in their Personal Data i.e their name, date of birth, name of their Parents and ask to issue revised Educational Documents. These requests are difficult to accept by both Schools & the Board because this could lead to creation of New identity.
CBSE in its Circular asked every Schools to Upload the Data of the Students Correctly, From this year there is no updation of data from Hard Copy of the LOC is allowed by the Board. Schools are requested to send the signed copy of finalized data of LOC Of Class X/XII and finalized data of Registration of Class IX/XI to Concerned regional offices only. CBSE therefore decided that from the current Class IX(2019-2020) who would appear in Class X in 2021.Schools should guide the students about the correctness of data and precautions to be taken by students while getting registered in Class IX. Board is also making efforts and several checks so that no request from this batch onwards is received by board regarding Correction of data. CBSE will be taking following measures regarding this issue as per Circular follows,
- Request the schools to bring into the notice of the students that how correct data is to be provided for registration.
- Registration details will be provided to the students and the parents in the form of registration card by the school to confirm correctness of details.
- List of Candidate (LOC) will be based on the data provided in Registration record. Parents will sign the LOC as a confirmation of the correctness of data.
- Undertaking about correctness of data on Admit Card by candidate and parent.
- Parents will sign an undertaking at the back of the Class X and XII certificate that they have checked the data and found correct.
CBSE asks schools are requested to guide the students in the following manner,
- Students must give the expanded name of Self and Father / Mother/Guardian. No abbreviations be given.
- May check that their data is similar in all the documents like Date of Birth Certificate, School records, Aadhaar and Passport etc.
- Mention the name of mother and father as it is in their official/Government record. Nick name or name through which they are known as in their family may not be mentioned.
- They will anticipate the requirement of the surname as when visiting abroad, it may be required by the visiting country to have both name and Surname.
- Their Date of Birth is as per Date of Birth certificate and as per school record.
- Students should describe their name in full i.e no abbreviated form shall be accepted.
While uploading data, schools will be responsible for ensuring the following,
- Spelling of name of student/mother/father/Guardian is correct and is as per Admission & Withdrawal Register maintained by the school. It may be ensured that full name of the candidate/mother/father/guardian be filled to avoid corrections in the future and avoid hardship to the candidate. Abbreviations should not be used.
- Date of Birth is correct and is as per Admission & Withdrawal Register maintained by the school.
- Subject combinations are correct and as per Scheme of Studies.
- Subject codes should be chosen carefully & especially in the following subjects, codes be chosen correctly:
(i) in Class – IX : Hindi – A (002), Hindi – B(085), Urdu A(003), Urdu B(303), Mathematics Standard(041), Mathematics Basic(241).
(ii) in Class – XI : Hindi Core(302), Hindi Elective(002), English Core(301), English Elective(001) Sanskrit Core(322), Sanskrit Elective(022), Urdu Core(303), Urdu Elective(003).
(iii) in Class – X : Hindi – A (002), Hindi – B(085), Urdu A(003), Urdu B(303), Mathematics Standard(041), Mathematics Basic(241).
(iv) in Class – XII : Hindi Core(302), Hindi Elective(002), English Core(301), English Elective(001) Sanskrit Core(322), Sanskrit Elective(022), Urdu Core(303), Urdu Elective(003).
(v) Selection of Mathematics in Class X be done carefully after going through Official Circular.
Regarding Submission of data in OASIS
- Schools will also submit data in OASIS without any penalty till 30.9.2019.
- After 30.09.2019, penalty as applicable in 2018 shall be imposed.
CBSE expected the schools to read the guidelines carefully, collect the correct data of the students & submit the same also correctly. Their efforts in uploading correct data will help in providing correct subject Question Papers to the candidates & also in providing documents with correct particulars. For any queries regarding this call at CBSE Helpline No. 1800-11-8002 between 9.30 AM – 5.30 PM on all working days.